Friday, January 21, 2005

Finally Friday

It's Friday and it's a beautiful one. Houston is warm and sunny. It won't be this hot in Philly until late April. Days like these definitely remind me of why I decided to go to school in Texas and become an official resident here. Sure, there may be mosquitos, fire ants, pollution, and George Bush, but they're also summer days in wintertime! I'm playing on a coed intramural softball team this spring, and we're having a practice today because it's so nice outside. Breathe it in, bitches... we got summer and y'all got record lows and snow!

Exactly 48 hours from now, I will be watching as the Eagles obliterate the Falcons in frigid, blizzard-like conditions. I'm pumped up! Do you have the fever? It's infectious...

Saw clips of the inauguration yesterday. Felt sick to the stomach. Wanted to barf. Began to gag today when I saw all the holier-than-thou Rice kids wearing their "I'm a Survivor" t-shirts in support of overturning the Roe v. Wade decision. I think those anti-abortion t-shirts are a perfect example of the kind of obscene ignorance plauging these kinds of people. Can you be any more selfish? Sure, there may be a few million abortions performed since the 1970s. How many children were born into poverty since the 1970s? How many grew up in the ghetto, attended despicable schools, had broken families, got hooked on drugs, got prostituted on the corner, and perpetuated the cycle by giving birth at an unprepared age? If you're going to bitch about abortion, then you better be willing to put up the money necessary to fund the social welfare programs that aid the victims of poverty. But of course, the losers who wear these shirts also happen to be rich, arrogant conservatives who favor abolishing the social welfare system entirely. This issue makes me livid. I am utterly disgusted -- honestly. I'm not advocating the mandatory abortion of poor people, but I am definitely advocating the end of narrowmindness and social smugness among the wealthy elite.

Why don't we all wear shirts that say "I'm a Survivor" and on the back say "Boycott the automobile industry: 100 million people have died in automobile accidents since cars were invented in the early 1900s." Or how about we all learn some basic developmental biology: When a human egg is fertilized by a sperm, the resulting cell divides to form 2 cells. These 2 cells each divide to form a 4-celled blastocyst. At this stage, the 4 cells can be separated from each other and grown individually. Each cell will develop into a normal human adult. Does this mean that for every "normal, non-aborted" pregnancy, we are actually killing 3 other potential babies? I think all those "I'm a Survivor" kids should actually have shirts saying: "I survived because I murdered my 3 potential twins." Pull your arrogant heads out of your asses and stop mingling in the personal decisions of others. God knows your president could use your prayers more than some pregnant teenage girl could.

Music of the Moment: "Take" by Riddlin' Kids

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home