There's No Place Like Home...
... for the holidays! In 12 hours I am splitting this joint, with my seventh Rice semester behind me. Where has the time gone? I remember being a "fresquito" in Marcela Salas's SPAN 301. I remember CHEM labs. I remember Orgo. I remember O-week. I remember the Dance Marathon (*wink*). The Rice experience and the people I have met here have left me with wonderful and numerous memories, and it's sad to know that only one measly semester remains. During freshman year, I wasn't convinced that college was really living up to all the hype. I mean, "the greatest 4 years of your life" is quite a tough billing to live up to. And yet I do feel like the past 3.5 years have been phenomenal. The real world awaits, and there is no sleeping in on Saturdays until 11:30, hanging out until 3:00 AM with no consequences, and month-long winter breaks. These are the good days, and I'm thrilled to have had this experience with such wonderful people. You know who you are: thanks everyone!
Although some of my friends thought otherwise, the Eagles cruised to a 17-14 victory over the Washington Redskins in the Sunday night game. I think the doubters got too accustomed to blow out victories and fail to appreciate a closely fought win. However, I definitely appreciate any form of victory, and this one was certainly as sweet as the other 11. That's right, we're now 12-1, baby. I'll be there when they hit the 15-1 mark and I'm stoked! Bring it on!
Happy Christmahannukwanzakah, everyone. Rest up, eat a lot, and come back fired up for second semester. Second semester seniors/juniors/whatever... anything can happen. Everything will happen. Peace.
Music of the Moment: "Brand New Skin" by Count the Stars
Although some of my friends thought otherwise, the Eagles cruised to a 17-14 victory over the Washington Redskins in the Sunday night game. I think the doubters got too accustomed to blow out victories and fail to appreciate a closely fought win. However, I definitely appreciate any form of victory, and this one was certainly as sweet as the other 11. That's right, we're now 12-1, baby. I'll be there when they hit the 15-1 mark and I'm stoked! Bring it on!
Happy Christmahannukwanzakah, everyone. Rest up, eat a lot, and come back fired up for second semester. Second semester seniors/juniors/whatever... anything can happen. Everything will happen. Peace.
Music of the Moment: "Brand New Skin" by Count the Stars

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home