Sunday, November 21, 2004

New Career?

If med school doesn't work out, I suppose I could spend my days doing manual labor on condos. This week, with the expert guidance of my brother, we teamed up to replace the locks and deadbolts on my front door and patio door, exterminated wasps living in the window frame, and installed a new shower head. All of this was done in the dark with nothing but a flashlight because the electricity is not activated yet. I now have my first tool kit, too. Badass!

Sean had a great visit and he seems excited about the prospect of spending the next four years in Houston. Maybe he can get a condo too, although he's such a good craftsman that his condo would be far superior to mine. Oh well, at least I'd have a round-the-clock maintenance advisor in the neighborhood!

I look forward to returning to my bed tonight after 3 nights on the futon. I had forgotten how hard the bars feel underneath the meager padding -- my body is slightly stiff today as a result. However, bedtime is a long way off. There are still many hours of labwork ahead before this Sunday comes to a close. I better get started...

P.S. The Eagles-Redskins were not televised. Instead, the fucking New York Giants got airtime. Who makes these decisions?

Music of the Moment: none, can you believe it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home