Back By Popular Demand
Blogging is a tough business, kind of like playing offensive lineman in the NFL. Nobody rewards you for a job well done, but the minute you make a mistake you get called for a 5-yard penalty (10 yards if you've really fucked up). I apologize for the absence of posts over the last few days. Check out the Letters to the Editor section of the next issue of the Thresher, and you will find the fruits of my recent labor. Maybe in 6-12 months you can check out a copy of Nature magazine and see the long-term fruits of my labor in the lab. Haha, who am I kidding? If/when my DNA work gets published, it'll probably be in something like Ecological Letters and Review.
I know everyone missed my societal commentary over the weekend, so I'll indulge you with double the fun tonight. China is building 52 gigantic oil storage drums outside of Shanghai. Each drum can hold 25 million gallons of oil. That's enough oil to fuel every car in China for a month! I wonder if the U.S. feels surprised or threatened by this, seeing as that we already guzzle 25% of the world's annual oil consumption. China's population is approaching 5 times the population of the U.S., so pretty soon our two countries alone will consume 150% of the world's annual oil! Something doesn't add up... Watch out, Middle East.
Do any of you have little kid brothers or sisters? Nephews or nieces? If so, get them the hell out of Florida. The trigger-happy police in the Sunshine State have used Taser guns twice on children in the past few weeks. Three officers couldn't handle an 8-year-old boy wielding a piece of glass in his principal's office at school, so they nuked him with 50,000 volts of electricity. The kid dropped the glass. And threw up. Then there was the 12-year-old girl found playing hooky. She was smoking and drinking in a drained swimming pool. She ran from the porker who tried to take her back to school, so he unleashed the electric fury on her ass. Whammo, 50,000 volts will surely put your mind in the mood to learn. Hey, at least it's not Texas...
Monday night football tomorrow! Tune in to see the Iggles destroy the reviled Dallas Cowgirls. Coming off a disappointing loss, the Birds are gonna be pretty fired up. Prepare for a bloodbath. Why is the rest of the NFL so mediocre these days? The Green Bay Packers barely have a winning record (they are 5-4) yet they are in first place in their division. If the Eagles don't reach the Super Bowl this year, I just might have to give up hope.
I hope this super long post satisfied your blog craving for the day. If not, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow! Thanks for being loyal. You rock!
Music of the Moment: "Here I Am" by The Explosion
I know everyone missed my societal commentary over the weekend, so I'll indulge you with double the fun tonight. China is building 52 gigantic oil storage drums outside of Shanghai. Each drum can hold 25 million gallons of oil. That's enough oil to fuel every car in China for a month! I wonder if the U.S. feels surprised or threatened by this, seeing as that we already guzzle 25% of the world's annual oil consumption. China's population is approaching 5 times the population of the U.S., so pretty soon our two countries alone will consume 150% of the world's annual oil! Something doesn't add up... Watch out, Middle East.
Do any of you have little kid brothers or sisters? Nephews or nieces? If so, get them the hell out of Florida. The trigger-happy police in the Sunshine State have used Taser guns twice on children in the past few weeks. Three officers couldn't handle an 8-year-old boy wielding a piece of glass in his principal's office at school, so they nuked him with 50,000 volts of electricity. The kid dropped the glass. And threw up. Then there was the 12-year-old girl found playing hooky. She was smoking and drinking in a drained swimming pool. She ran from the porker who tried to take her back to school, so he unleashed the electric fury on her ass. Whammo, 50,000 volts will surely put your mind in the mood to learn. Hey, at least it's not Texas...
Monday night football tomorrow! Tune in to see the Iggles destroy the reviled Dallas Cowgirls. Coming off a disappointing loss, the Birds are gonna be pretty fired up. Prepare for a bloodbath. Why is the rest of the NFL so mediocre these days? The Green Bay Packers barely have a winning record (they are 5-4) yet they are in first place in their division. If the Eagles don't reach the Super Bowl this year, I just might have to give up hope.
I hope this super long post satisfied your blog craving for the day. If not, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow! Thanks for being loyal. You rock!
Music of the Moment: "Here I Am" by The Explosion

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home