Saturday, November 20, 2004

Yum Yum Dim Sum

I went to Chinatown with my Chinese tutorial group as an end-of-the-year blowout cultural experience. We shocked the old ladies who push the carts by speaking to them in Chinese, but we couldn't understand any of their replies. Fortunately, our tutorial leader grew up in China and is amazing at Chinese. It's so nice to have a guide with these sorts of things. Among the usual Dim Sum items, I expanded my horizons with several new items for me: shark fin, pig stomach, "1000 year egg" (egg buried underground and then eaten uncooked), and chicken feet. OK, I didn't really try the chicken feet because they were reportedly very spicy, but I munched on some stomach! It was strange to know that upon swallowing, my stomach contained stomach. When in Rome... do as the Vandals!

I'm waiting for Sean (my brother) to return from his interviews at Baylor so we can go hang at my unfurnished condo. Fortunately it has stopped raining; it was pouring when he left my dorm at 7:20 AM. I groggily offered him my gigantic umbrella, but had I been more awake, I would have insisted on driving him so his suit wouldn't get wet. I feel rude, but I honestly wasn't fully with reality at 7:20 AM. I hope he didn't get wet. Shame on me.

Tonight we're going drinking at Chapultepec Lupita (Where the Beautiful People Meet). The pitcher of mango margarita (for $17) goes down so smooth -- when it hits your lips, it's just so good! I haven't been there since we took my underage sister over the summer and a cop sat at the table across from us! Should be fun.

Houston is nice, but I wish I could be in Turkey right now. I hear there's a hottie there...

Music of the Moment: "Angry Anthem" by The Forces of Evil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home