Fourth Time the Charm?
In another display of intense firepower, teamwork, and just plain smokin' skills, the Philadelphia Eagles rolled past the lowly Vikings by a 27-14 margin. This pits the Birds against the Atlanta Falcons in an ornithologist's delight next weekend. The Eagles have now reached the NFC championship game for the fourth straight year, a feat which no other team has achieved in the history of the league. I must shamefully admit that I missed the entire first quarter of the game due to a brain freeze: I knew the game was slated for a 1:00 PM start, yet this didn't register in my mind as being 12:00 noon central time until it was too late. Oh well, the win is secure and we're moving on to the next round.
Jordana and Maryann threw a tremendous wine and cheese party yesterday evening that soundly bests any other party that I've attended while at Rice. About 25 people attended throughout the evening, and I downed 8 glasses of wine. Smashing success, girls. Well done!
I just read an article on CNN about a construction worker who went to the dentist with a toothache and subsequent x-rays revealed that he had a 4-inch nail embedded in his skull. Apparently, his nail gun backfired several days previously and injected a nail into his brain without his knowledge. How the hell does that happen? Doesn't a 4-inch nail hurt just a little bit as it penetrates the roof of your mouth? The only explanation I can fathom is that perhaps the pain receptor region of his brain was damaged by the nail and so he didn't feel a thing. Strange...
Back to work and good times.
Music of the Moment: "Blindsided" by Less than Jake
Jordana and Maryann threw a tremendous wine and cheese party yesterday evening that soundly bests any other party that I've attended while at Rice. About 25 people attended throughout the evening, and I downed 8 glasses of wine. Smashing success, girls. Well done!
I just read an article on CNN about a construction worker who went to the dentist with a toothache and subsequent x-rays revealed that he had a 4-inch nail embedded in his skull. Apparently, his nail gun backfired several days previously and injected a nail into his brain without his knowledge. How the hell does that happen? Doesn't a 4-inch nail hurt just a little bit as it penetrates the roof of your mouth? The only explanation I can fathom is that perhaps the pain receptor region of his brain was damaged by the nail and so he didn't feel a thing. Strange...
Back to work and good times.
Music of the Moment: "Blindsided" by Less than Jake

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home