Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sorry

I forgot to post last night. Sorry about that, ye loyal readers. I played some serious tennis last night. By "serious" I mean that it was hardcore enough to skip the entirety of George Bush's televised speech outlining "the Iraqi strategy." The tennis was the best game of the summer -- we are starting to get pretty good. All 3 of us can serve consistently and with ever-increasing speed. We also rally for much longer than before, and we're even putting together some precision to hit winners down the line and cross court. The best game of the night, in my humble opinion, came while I was going for my 8th consecutive win a row (that's right, I was opening up a can on Kraig and Kevin). I have this "technique" that I use on the first serve, which we've come to call "the power serve." I pretty much just unleash my racket on the ball and hope that it goes over the net and lands in the proper service area. Most of the time, the power serve becomes a "fault 1." Not during this game. I got the power serve in play 4 times in a row. The only problem is that Kevin was just as fired up as I was, and he returned the serve each time! We had several incredible rallys, with some really amazing (and lucky) shots, volleys, overheads, and scrambles all over the court. The final result was a complete shutout. By Kevin, that is. He beat me LOVE-50 (I know there is no 50 in tennis, but I'm using 50 here to signify the winning score that follows 40). We were both left stunned, and I still hadn't caught my breath by the time it was my turn to play again. I hope our games only continue to improve, as they are so much fun!

I told a white lie when I said that I missed the entire of W's speech. I saw his opening paragraph before Kraig and Kevin rang the doorbell. That was plenty enough to piss me off. Here is the quote of the evening, in my opinion: "Terrorists reject tolerance and despise all dissent." Hmmm, does that make the Bush administration a bunch of militant terrorists? I'm going with "yes."

I'm heading to Washington DC tomorrow for a 5-day 4th of July bonanza! I am really excited for many reasons, the utmost of which is that I get to spend 5 days with my amazing girlfriend! I'm also juiced that I finally get a break from the lab. I'm starting to get burned out. Here's to the holidays! I hope y'all have a great 4th. Make lots of fireworks. ;)

Music of the Moment: "Someone" by the Suicide Machines

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home