Saturday, June 18, 2005

Happy Dad's Day

I don't suspect any of my readers are fathers yet, but I know everyone's got one. So be sure to wish Dad a good day tomorrow. I just enjoyed a fantastic evening of fun with Kraig, Kevin, and Liz. We ate at Patu Thai in the Village, bowled 2 games at Palace Lanes, and then polished off a bottle of Andre and a few beers each. I had to turn up the air conditioning because we all got so hot from the drinks! My bowling game was really on tonight: I bowled a 107 and a 125, which might be my highest score ever. For a string of 4 or 5 frames in a row, I kept knocking down 9 pins and leaving just the front and center pin (often the easiest) standing. I really hope that fun evenings like this will still be occasionally possible during medical school. I'm a bit intimidated because I know so little about what kind of lifestyle to expect as a med student. I wish I had pumped my brother for more advice, but I was in Houston for all of his medical years so I'm totally ignorant of the lifestyle. There has to be some free time, right?

Although I still haven't lifted a finger to begin cleaning the mess in my bedroom, I was able to have the toilet repaired this afternoon and I bought new shoes and a week's worth of groceries. As long as I can convince myself that my weekends have been productive, then everything is OK. Maybe tomorrow I can tackle the cleaning when I'm not busy reading a few chapters of The Selfish Gene.

I've got a case of late-night munchies right now, so I'm going to grill up a burger. Until tomorrow's lame ass and boring entry, so long.

Music of the Moment: "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy" by Big and Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home