Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Let's Go Tennising

A British family lived down the street from me in Pennsylvania, and my siblings and I would often play with their 3 children. Before the outdoor summer swim club branch of our local YMCA closed its doors, I'd spend hours playing tennis on their decrepit courts with my British buddy, Ben. He'd talk with his full-on British accent and expressions; my favorite was his invitation to go play: "Hey Ryan, let's go tennising!" I went tennising tonight. Hardcore. Kevin and Kraig came over to my condo and we most definitely went tennising. In fact, we tennised for over an hour and a half in the heat and humidity that is a Houston evening. We have a great tournament set-up going, whereby two people play each other in singles. The winner gets to stay in, and the loser rotates out of the game and is replaced by the third player. Before tonight, no player had one more than 2 games consecutively. However, my tennising skills are now bad ass (MTSANBA) and I won 4 games in a row. Bring it, bitches!

The most critical machine in our lab is still broken, despite having many of its parts replaced this afternoon by a technician. Thus, I've nearly depleted any and all lab tasks up to this point and I have no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow for 8 hours. Poor undergrads -- tomorrow is gonna suck. OK, whenever my entries turn to work I know it's time to stop.

Music of the Moment: "Come On Feel The Noise" by Quiet Riot (80s Hair Metal!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

I love to tennising also! I would really like to tennising with you when I am back in town!

Thanks BTW for your interpretation of SAS--It sounds like there is a weak connection, at least, enough of one to generate some weird hearsay about a murderous airline.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home