Sunday, June 19, 2005

Yatta!

"Yatta" is Japanese for "I did it." I definitely earned the right to say "yatta" today, because I went through the pile of mess in my bedroom and organized nearly all of it. I have several stacks of papers left to sort through to either trash or file away for safe keeping, but the floor is now devoid of clutter!

I called my Dad to wish him a happy Father's Day, and my Mom answered the phone. She told me that she took a great picture of Dad sitting on the bench that I gave him for Father's Day. She thanked me for giving him such a great gift. There's only one problem here: I didn't buy Dad a bench. I made my confusion known and Mom said, "Oh, the card said it was from you, Sean, and Rebecca." Well, thanks for saving my ass, guys. Apparently my siblings bought a nice wooden and iron bench to place outside in our "quiet spot," which is a grove of trees and garden surrounded by a hand-made wooden fence with an ornate arbor (all constructed by Sean). I definitely owe those guys big time. However, I missed out on the huge Father's Day barbecue. I really miss home at times like these. I did my best to grill 2 burgers on my George Foreman grill, but an electric grill is just not the same as a propane one.

I now must prepare for tomorrow's work day by reading up through chapter five of The Selfish Gene. I lead a discussion at 1:00 PM and there's a lot to be done between now and then.

Music of the Moment: "Faster" by Plain White T's

1 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

I know it man, I couldn't even call my dad yesterday...too expensive from up here. I emailed him an ecard and a nice long letter instead, and he wrote me back describing their barbecue...it sounded so good! Even though I'm having a good time here in Oulu, I sure do wish I had been home yesterday.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home