Thursday, June 30, 2005

Live By The Bomb

I'm in DC, and it's terrific! Jordana's dorm is about 2 blocks from the White House, and we just walked past it all lit up at night and it's beautiful. Too bad it's lived in by such a dick. I, of course, had to pretend that I was Terry Moran giving my daily political update to Peter Jennings. We saw the exact spot where the news crews set up on the (east?) side of the White House. There is an elderly female protester who has set up shop across from the White House, so to speak. She has been LIVING across the street everyday since the early 1980s. She has major beef with the atomic bomb, and has created a little shack in which she lives. The ouside "walls" of the shack have handpainted phrases, such as "Live By The Bomb, Die By The Bomb, Or Have A Nice Day." I'm not quite sure what that means, but I like it! We walked past at 11:00 PM and there she was, asleep in a rocking chair in front of her shack. I immediately wondered how she got food or took a crap, but apparently no one really knows...

The men's bathroom in Jordana's dorm is old fashion key-access only, so there is no "maid code" that I can enter. This means that if I want to crap, I'm going in the ladies room. I think the next 5 days will be interesting, and I'm sure I will be walked in on more than once. I hope no one has a can of mace in their shower caddie, or else I'm screwed.

I had totally forgotten that fireflies (lightning bugs, as I call them) actually come out during the summer on the east coast. They are beautiful and I just have the urge to run around catching them like I did when I was a kid. I think Houston is too hot and/or polluted to support such delicate and beauitful life.

Touring the White House tomorrow. 3 words: Bring 'Em On.

Music of the Moment: "Who's Gonna Save Us" by The Living End

1 Comments:

Blogger xiaoming said...

Ugh, I used to run around in our lawn with a cup catching fireflies and excitely shout in Chinese. My neighbors definitely thought I had some brain problems. Of course, my mother would used the excuse that her daughter doesn't speak English to cover my craziness. I miss DC.

-Xiaoming

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home