Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Straight from the horse's mouth

As if we needed more proof that George W. Bush is an inept leader incapable of comprehending reality. Today the White House denied a recent comment made by Christian Coalition founder (and staunch Bush supporter) Pat Robertson that during a private meeting before the start of the diversional, I mean Iraq, war, the president declared that there would be no American casualties. When Robertson implored Bush to prepare the American people for the prospect of casualties, Bush replied, "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." I'm not sure who is the bigger moron. Is it Bush for making such an utterly stupid remark? Or is it Robertson for revealing his buddy's potentially-damaging utterly stupid remark just two weeks before the election? Answer (a): they're both retarded. Answer (b): Who the hell cares?

The Red Sox won an unprecendented fourth playoff game in a row to overcome an apparently insurmountable 3 games to 0 deficit in the ALCS against the New York Yankees. Boston is going nuts, believing that the infamous curse (dating back to 1918) is over. I'm betting the curse is going to have the last laugh, and the Astros will sweep the World Series in 4 games. Come on people, this is the Boston Red Sox! Do you honestly think they're going to win the World Series? Woodrow Wilson was president the last time that happened!

In a glorious denoument to yesterday's harrowing tale, Dell has agreed to fully refund the cost of my crappy mp3 player. Soon I will own an iPod, and I'll have those cool white earphones. Maybe then I'll be a cool dude. Oh wait, I'm not on the football team. Oh wait, the football team ain't cool. Time for bed... I've got a flu vaccine line to wait in tomorrow morning.

Music of the Moment: Jib-Jab cartoons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home