Gotta love those Iggles
Yes, I'm aware that I didn't post earlier today as promised. Truth is, I didn't really know what to say. Suffice it to say that I had a kick-ass Saturday night, which included visiting a new restaurant for dinner and a black light/fluorescent clubs and balls 18-hole miniature golf experience. Wow, I just said "fluorescent balls!" A friend of mine had a disagreeable night with Old Alchy, and he was quite a handful. I hope the repurcussions aren't too serious...
The Philadelphia Iggles climbed to 4-0 today with a convincing domination of the lowly Chicago Bears, and the Houston Astros clinched the National League Wild Card berth. It was a good day for the little athlete inside all of us. That said, another day passed without me going swimming at the gym. Go figure.
Are there any anthropogists out there? A recent discovery by Mexican anthropologist Federico Solorzano has sparked a huge debate regarding human origins. The currently-accepted theory suggests that humans originated in Africa, radiated outward into Asia, then crossed into North America (and subsequently South America) via a landbridge across the Bering Straight. However, Solorzano purportedly discovered a Homo erectus brow ridge bone at the edge of Lake Chapala. Homo erectus is the immediate predecessor of Homo sapiens, and is believed to have died out 100,000 to 200,000 years ago -- tens of thousands of years before humans were thought to have reached the Americas. In my humble opinion, this discovery (assuming it's not a fake) is a perfect example of the constant evolution of scientific thought and epitomizes our poor understanding of our own beginnings. And no, God didn't put the bones there.
The latest Newsweek poll shows that Kerry has climbed right back and is now dead even with W. I can't wait for Tuesday's VP debate; Cheney and his Elvis lip are almost as fun to watch as Georgie.
Music of the Moment: Less Than Jake busting out "Sleep It Off" acoustic! Yeah, you wish your rarities were as cool as mine.
P.S. If you've been reading the comments to some of my previous posts, you'll notice that I had my first random internet stalker post, advertising a Bushisms DVD. I thought about deleting it, but then completely flip-floped when I realized that I might even want to buy the DVD!
The Philadelphia Iggles climbed to 4-0 today with a convincing domination of the lowly Chicago Bears, and the Houston Astros clinched the National League Wild Card berth. It was a good day for the little athlete inside all of us. That said, another day passed without me going swimming at the gym. Go figure.
Are there any anthropogists out there? A recent discovery by Mexican anthropologist Federico Solorzano has sparked a huge debate regarding human origins. The currently-accepted theory suggests that humans originated in Africa, radiated outward into Asia, then crossed into North America (and subsequently South America) via a landbridge across the Bering Straight. However, Solorzano purportedly discovered a Homo erectus brow ridge bone at the edge of Lake Chapala. Homo erectus is the immediate predecessor of Homo sapiens, and is believed to have died out 100,000 to 200,000 years ago -- tens of thousands of years before humans were thought to have reached the Americas. In my humble opinion, this discovery (assuming it's not a fake) is a perfect example of the constant evolution of scientific thought and epitomizes our poor understanding of our own beginnings. And no, God didn't put the bones there.
The latest Newsweek poll shows that Kerry has climbed right back and is now dead even with W. I can't wait for Tuesday's VP debate; Cheney and his Elvis lip are almost as fun to watch as Georgie.
Music of the Moment: Less Than Jake busting out "Sleep It Off" acoustic! Yeah, you wish your rarities were as cool as mine.
P.S. If you've been reading the comments to some of my previous posts, you'll notice that I had my first random internet stalker post, advertising a Bushisms DVD. I thought about deleting it, but then completely flip-floped when I realized that I might even want to buy the DVD!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home