Lies Beget Lies
Another amazing day in the news. Let's get right down to it!
Hope is still alive for the free world: the most recent polls in the key swing states have reversed completely since last week's polls. I implore you to visit http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/election-test-fl,0,1851284.flash for an amazing interactive map that allows you to view the latest polling results in each state. Also, it displays the electoral votes for each state and you can click the states to make them go to Bush or Kerry and then see how the electoral vote total is affected. Last week, Pennsylvania, Florida, and New Jersey were all too close to call, but Bush was leading in all three. This week, they are still too close to call but Kerry leads in all three (and has hit 50% in my home state of PA). However, my absentee ballot hasn't arrived yet. If I don't receive it, I'm thinking of suing the local election board for disenfranchising me in the most important election in the history of mankind.
I saw the documentary "Out Foxed" this evening. It's about the incredible right-wing bias of the "fair and balanced" news reporting of Rupert Murdoch's FOX network. Bill O'Reilly needs to run for president. He is probably capable of abusing his power even more than Bush abuses his! I'd recommend this movie to everyone who watches FOX news and takes it seriously. However, I wouldn't be too forthcoming in admitting that you watch FOX news. 67% of FOX viewers believe that Al-Qaeda is connected to Iraq and over 25% believe we found WMD in Iraq. Who are these people?
Big day for Martha Stewart tomorrow as she moves into the Big House. I've just one bit of helpful advice for Ms. Stewart: don't drop the soap!
An 11 year-old Californian attacked her babysitter with a machete after failing to inflict injury with a baseball bat, shovel, and BB gun. She later fled on her bicycle, but was later arrested. I always knew California took pride in being "10 years ahead of the rest of the nation," but I never thought that applied to the actual ages of the kids, too!
Now, on to the title of this entry. Lies definitely beget lies when you're talking about the Bush administration. Both Georgie and Cheney admitted this afternoon that Iraq did not have WMD. However, rather than completely own up to their massive intelligence failures and work towards rectifying the problem, they invented a completely new lie! In case you didn't know, the new official party line is that we decided to depose Saddam Hussein because he was abusing the U.N. "food-for-oil" program. The bastard was taking the food without supplying enough oil for our soccer moms! Now I understand why we killed 10,000 innocent Iraqis! Thanks for clarifying that, Georgie. More often than not, I am ashamed to be an American in today's political climate. It used to mean something special to live in this country... (see Music of the Moment)
Music of the Moment: "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen
Hope is still alive for the free world: the most recent polls in the key swing states have reversed completely since last week's polls. I implore you to visit http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/election-test-fl,0,1851284.flash for an amazing interactive map that allows you to view the latest polling results in each state. Also, it displays the electoral votes for each state and you can click the states to make them go to Bush or Kerry and then see how the electoral vote total is affected. Last week, Pennsylvania, Florida, and New Jersey were all too close to call, but Bush was leading in all three. This week, they are still too close to call but Kerry leads in all three (and has hit 50% in my home state of PA). However, my absentee ballot hasn't arrived yet. If I don't receive it, I'm thinking of suing the local election board for disenfranchising me in the most important election in the history of mankind.
I saw the documentary "Out Foxed" this evening. It's about the incredible right-wing bias of the "fair and balanced" news reporting of Rupert Murdoch's FOX network. Bill O'Reilly needs to run for president. He is probably capable of abusing his power even more than Bush abuses his! I'd recommend this movie to everyone who watches FOX news and takes it seriously. However, I wouldn't be too forthcoming in admitting that you watch FOX news. 67% of FOX viewers believe that Al-Qaeda is connected to Iraq and over 25% believe we found WMD in Iraq. Who are these people?
Big day for Martha Stewart tomorrow as she moves into the Big House. I've just one bit of helpful advice for Ms. Stewart: don't drop the soap!
An 11 year-old Californian attacked her babysitter with a machete after failing to inflict injury with a baseball bat, shovel, and BB gun. She later fled on her bicycle, but was later arrested. I always knew California took pride in being "10 years ahead of the rest of the nation," but I never thought that applied to the actual ages of the kids, too!
Now, on to the title of this entry. Lies definitely beget lies when you're talking about the Bush administration. Both Georgie and Cheney admitted this afternoon that Iraq did not have WMD. However, rather than completely own up to their massive intelligence failures and work towards rectifying the problem, they invented a completely new lie! In case you didn't know, the new official party line is that we decided to depose Saddam Hussein because he was abusing the U.N. "food-for-oil" program. The bastard was taking the food without supplying enough oil for our soccer moms! Now I understand why we killed 10,000 innocent Iraqis! Thanks for clarifying that, Georgie. More often than not, I am ashamed to be an American in today's political climate. It used to mean something special to live in this country... (see Music of the Moment)
Music of the Moment: "Glory Days" by Bruce Springsteen

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home