Chinese New Year 2004: The Year of the Eagle
Philadelphia is now the only undefeated team in the National Football Conference. It may have taken overtime to knock off the lowly Cleveland Browns, but a win is a win. Not surprisingly, the New England Patriots are the only undefeated team in the American Football Conference. For the non-knowing, the NFC and AFC champions meet in an American tradition dubbed the "Super Bowl." I sense an Iggles-Pats matchup sometime in early 2005. Stay tuned and bleed green.
I'm watching the last inning of the World Series (baseball) right now, and all the Boston fans are decked out in scarves, hats, gloves, and winter coats. This doesn't seem like the bar-b-queing, short-sleeves, dog-days-of-summer baseball that I grew up with. Why is the season so damn long? Most of you (my readers) have probably never hit a baseball in sub-50 degree weather, but I have. I assure you that it stings more than you can imagine. I wouldn't wish the torture of a numb hand bone upon any of you. They're now doing the post-game interviews and you can see the breath eminating from the players' mouths. This is not baseball weather! Please shorten the season! Baseball from April to October is insane. No wonder there is low viewership...
Speaking of baseball, one of my favorite players from the 1993 Phillies World Series team is now a Boston Redsox star. He's Curt Schilling. He was the winning pitcher in tonight's game, and he pitched 6-plus innings with a torn tendon in his ankle. He needs surgery, but his doctors have invented a wacky procedure to keep him in the game. The day before he is scheduled to pitch, doctors place 4 pins in his foot to tether the tendon securely in place. After he pitches, they remove the pins. He's done this twice now, and each time they place pins they are creating more and more damage inside his ankle. I understand the dude wants to play, but Curt, how about thinking about your future? Is a World Series ring worth risking your ability to walk?
Music of the Moment: I'm actually not listening to any. Boo.
Prague countdown: 10 days
I'm watching the last inning of the World Series (baseball) right now, and all the Boston fans are decked out in scarves, hats, gloves, and winter coats. This doesn't seem like the bar-b-queing, short-sleeves, dog-days-of-summer baseball that I grew up with. Why is the season so damn long? Most of you (my readers) have probably never hit a baseball in sub-50 degree weather, but I have. I assure you that it stings more than you can imagine. I wouldn't wish the torture of a numb hand bone upon any of you. They're now doing the post-game interviews and you can see the breath eminating from the players' mouths. This is not baseball weather! Please shorten the season! Baseball from April to October is insane. No wonder there is low viewership...
Speaking of baseball, one of my favorite players from the 1993 Phillies World Series team is now a Boston Redsox star. He's Curt Schilling. He was the winning pitcher in tonight's game, and he pitched 6-plus innings with a torn tendon in his ankle. He needs surgery, but his doctors have invented a wacky procedure to keep him in the game. The day before he is scheduled to pitch, doctors place 4 pins in his foot to tether the tendon securely in place. After he pitches, they remove the pins. He's done this twice now, and each time they place pins they are creating more and more damage inside his ankle. I understand the dude wants to play, but Curt, how about thinking about your future? Is a World Series ring worth risking your ability to walk?
Music of the Moment: I'm actually not listening to any. Boo.
Prague countdown: 10 days

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home