Wednesday, June 14, 2006

When Nothing's Going On, Turn to Music

And I thought yesterday was a slow day... I really don't have much to say today. I guess that's the inherent problem with trying to update this journal on a daily basis. My life simply is not interesting enough to provide entertaining commentary once a day. I can live with that, sad as it may be. :)

I've been looking forward to my one-month July vacation for quite some time. Yesterday I purchased tickets for a very unique summer concert opportunity -- Reel Big Fish and MxPx live in Philadelphia. Not only will this concert take place at the venue where I took in my first-ever live punk show (The Electric Factory, where I saw the Offspring in 10th grade), but I will also get to meet the members of Reel Big Fish in a special VIP meet-and-greet before the show. Sure, I had to pay an extra $25 for this privilege, but that charge includes a copy of their new live CD/DVD package, which they will provide autographed. Seemed like a great deal to me! I'll let you know how it feels to be a groupie...

In other musical news, the Who are embarking on a world tour in support of their first NEW MATERIAL in 24 years. That's right, the British rockers will release a new album -- including a a mini rock opera -- in early September. They will be Stateside this fall, and you can bet that I'll be in attendance if they come anywhere within 5 hours of H-town!

JLo: Return to Irkutsk. Lunch, supper and overnight -- homestay. Fitness level medium (whatever the hell that means).

Music of the Moment: "Zing Pong" by None More Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home