Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sick Day, Skype

I had to leave school early today due to an acute onset viral illness. My legs got weak, I began to feel nauseous, and I was hit by a wave of fatigue that was so bad I could not concentrate or even stay awake during lecture. After sleeping for the better part of 4 hours, I woke up feeling much improved. Throughout the evening, I feel like I've recovered almost 100%. Good thing, because tomorrow I have an intensive 9-station examination with standardized patients who will grade my history taking and physical exam skills. My fingers are crossed that I will wake up tomorrow feeling OK.

I just used Skype to call Jordana in Moscow for 4 cents/minute. It was awesome! Internet chatting has really come a long way since the days of AIM chat, where everyone took on a robotic-sounding voice and there was a huge time delay. Skype was just as good -- if not better -- than a land line telephone. I highly recommend this cool product/service!

JLo: The Trans-Siberian adventure begins! Free morning in Moscow, with an afternoon transfer to rail station for train to Yekaterinburg. Overnight -- train (it's a 26-hour train ride!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gareth said...

Good luck on the exam! I'm sure you'll ace it :-)

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home