Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fondren On My Mind

With my first two exams on Friday looming, I had a full day off today to do nothing but study. I woke up, showered, got dressed, etc. Just as I cracked open my syllabus and settled in on the couch, I started to hear voices speaking Spanish. Then Hispanic radio. Then an incredibly loud jackhammer-like pounding. The renovation crew picked today to resume their work on my condo! Could their timing have been any better? Pissed and fuming, I scooped up my books, ran to the car, and drove immediately to Rice. I settled in at Fondren library for a 6-hour continuous study marathon, skipping lunch in favor of my studies. I was very unimpressed by the library renovations -- the inside has a futuristic look but at least there is more computer space than before. I'll get to check it out again tomorrow -- bright and early at 8:00 AM!

I'm currently watching bits and pieces of the Rice game, and it's not going well (4-0 Oregon State lead). I'm going to make a quick Kroger run so I don't have to skip lunch again tomorrow. Not much else to write about today...

JLo: Keep your eyes peeled for views of the Great Wall! This afternoon, the train reaches Beijing. (Actually, she's not leaving Mongolia until tomorrow -- don't know where the lost day went in her itinerary). This completes the Trans-Siberian journey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home