Sunday, July 17, 2005

Play That Old 6 String

I just finished playing the guitar for about an hour. I refreshed my memory of 2 old songs and improved upon them greatly ("Even Hitler Had A Girlfriend" by Mr. T Experience and "All The Small Things" by Blink-182). Unfortunately, my finger tips and wrist are out of shape and they now hurt like crazy. In fact, it's hard to type because my wrist is so sore. Falling out of practice sucks. I wish there was enough time each week to allow for more consistent practice. I also wish I was in a band. Anybody play drums and/or base?

I found myself at the lab for over 2 hours this afternoon. While not at the lab, I've been sitting at home in front of my computer working on lab related things. Fortunately, progress continues to be made and I'm happy with where things currently stand.

I saw Wedding Crashers last night, and was a little disappointed. First of all, there was an employee at the entrance to the theater checking out ticket stubs. I suppose she was making sure that underage kids weren't getting in, which is totally ridiculous. The movie is obviously aimed at late teenagers. While the movie was funny, I don't understand the "R" rating. If you're going to rate a movie "R," at least include some more nudity. I don't think this movie was any more risque than the American Pie series. This movie is either going to fail at the box office or be bolstered by underage kids sneaking in with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory tickets. Of course, in the latter situation, Charlie will get the profits -- the movie will flop either way!

I've only got one week of summer vacation remaining before orientation to medical school begins on the 25th. I expect a ridiculously busy week at the lab, and it's only downhill from there... Eeek. J/K, it's not gonna be that bad (hopefully...)

Look closely at this one: Bush and the Saudi prince are most definitely holding hands. I guess they won't be allowed a union any time soon, though.
Music of the Moment: "Automatic" by Stereo 360 (a cool band from L.A.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home