Monday, July 11, 2005

One Of Those Days...

... where I accomplished nothing that I originally planned! While I didn't lift a finger to begin the manuscript, I at least finished reading all of tuckermax.com -- an internet death trap that ensnared me until I had read every last story and Hollywood Chronicle. Don't say I didn't warn you...

I think that I'll "work from home" for most of tomorrow. There's no way I can make headway on writing a paper while at the crowded, noisy lab. I'm realizing that perhaps the reason why I haven't started writing this paper is that I don't know where to start! The project seems so massive at this point. It will do me a world of good to just force myself to write something tomorrow, at least so I'll no longer be stuck at Step 1: the beginning.

Sorry that I don't have anything more exciting to post. Tomorrow will hopefully be a tennis day, and then I can write all about my exploits as The Champ.

Oh, one major political scandal of note today: Karl Rove has been implicated as the source of at least one leak of a covert CIA agent's identity (not name). The leak came in an email that Rove had written to Time magazine a while ago. Please understand that Rove and the White House have previously denied any form of involvement in the leak, and Bush has promised to fire the source of the leak. This entire scandal began when the agent's husband was highly publicly critical of the administration's motives in the lead up to the Iraq War. His wife's secret identity was leaked by the White House to "punish" this dissent.

That's right, beeyatch!
Music of the Moment: "There's No Fun In Fundamentalism" by NOFX


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home