Tying Up All The Loose Ends
So far this weekend, I've only spent a slight bit of time on my manuscript. However, I've plowed through a lot of housework that was waiting to get done: I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, cooked a chicken and vegetable dish (that will serve 3), did all the dishes, and loaded the last batch on songs (for now) onto my iPod. If anyone with a large wallet wants to buy me an early Christmas present, a 40-GB iPod would be nice. I'm actually running out of space on the 20 Gig one! I also caught up with Rebecca Sandler (high school friend), who was stuck in traffic around Connecticut on her drive up to Maine. We caught up on each other's summers, our significant others, and our upcoming med school/State Department job. She will be working a classified job, the details of which she will not be able to discuss with anyone, including her boyfriend and mother. I sometimes wonder if she's CIA, but I can't see her having the combat skills necessary for such a position. She informed me that our mutual friend Evan, whose family just moved to London this summer, had passed through the Kings Cross tube station 10 minutes before the bomb went off there. That is pretty freaking scary.
Kraig and his father stopped over this afternoon after their condo tours. Fortunately, he found a unit that he really likes and should be able to move in only slightly later than originally scheduled. His realtor is none other than Brenda, the same realtor that sold me my place! I didn't know that she also handled places for rent, or I would have referred Kraig much earlier. Anyone looking for a condo to rent or buy in the med center area should contact me for realtor referral information!
I have my first Houston dentist appointment tomorrow morning. This will also be my first appointment with an "adult" dentist, since I've just recently outgrown my pediatric dentist back home. I'm a bit anxious, because a good friend of mine from high school was "diagnosed" with about a dozen cavities in his first visit to a grown-up dentist. Apparently, his pediatric dentist was incompetent and missed all of them. Hopefully nothing similar will happen to me!
Wow, what started as a content-devoid journal entry now actually looks half respectable. I better quit now before I mess it up!
Music of the Moment: "She Says" by Unwritten Law
Kraig and his father stopped over this afternoon after their condo tours. Fortunately, he found a unit that he really likes and should be able to move in only slightly later than originally scheduled. His realtor is none other than Brenda, the same realtor that sold me my place! I didn't know that she also handled places for rent, or I would have referred Kraig much earlier. Anyone looking for a condo to rent or buy in the med center area should contact me for realtor referral information!
I have my first Houston dentist appointment tomorrow morning. This will also be my first appointment with an "adult" dentist, since I've just recently outgrown my pediatric dentist back home. I'm a bit anxious, because a good friend of mine from high school was "diagnosed" with about a dozen cavities in his first visit to a grown-up dentist. Apparently, his pediatric dentist was incompetent and missed all of them. Hopefully nothing similar will happen to me!
Wow, what started as a content-devoid journal entry now actually looks half respectable. I better quit now before I mess it up!
Music of the Moment: "She Says" by Unwritten Law

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home