Muggiest Evening In Houston
Tonight was probably the most humid night I've experienced so far in Houston. I don't think the humidity level itself was the highest that I've lived through here, but my activity level was such that it certainly made me sweat more than I ever have before. About an hour before our "tee time" on the tennis court, a drenching thunderstorm rolled through and dropped about an inch of water in a half hour. However, the sun came back out immediately and all that water wound up hovering in the air above us as we played. I normally sweat into my shirt while playing tennis, but tonight you could see a continuous sweat stain from the neck line all the way to the bottom of the shirt. I even had wet ass prints on my shorts! When I finally removed my shirt before jumping in the pool, it seemed to weigh about 3 pounds. The worst part of all of this was how I felt while playing tennis: my arms and legs felt completely numb and as heavy as lead. No matter how much I tried to focus, I couldn't seem to react quickly to shots, couldn't run very well, and maneuvering my racket was near impossible. Fortunately, Kevin and Kraig were feeling the effects, too, and we remained evenly matched!
I finally broke down and wrote a rough draft of the Materials and Methods section of my paper. It's not very good, but it's a start and it now has me motivated to work harder in the coming days. After my teeth cleaning tomorrow afternoon, I will attempt to make more writing progress.
Kevin and Kraig are coming over on Thursday to cook dinner with me. We're aiming to make Kung Pao chicken using a seasoning package from Kroger. It should be good -- a special treat for fellas who will never be able to make Kung Pao chicken without cheating!
Music of the Moment: "Instant Party (Circles)" by The Who
I finally broke down and wrote a rough draft of the Materials and Methods section of my paper. It's not very good, but it's a start and it now has me motivated to work harder in the coming days. After my teeth cleaning tomorrow afternoon, I will attempt to make more writing progress.
Kevin and Kraig are coming over on Thursday to cook dinner with me. We're aiming to make Kung Pao chicken using a seasoning package from Kroger. It should be good -- a special treat for fellas who will never be able to make Kung Pao chicken without cheating!
Music of the Moment: "Instant Party (Circles)" by The Who


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home