That's why they call it a union
The State of the Union is confident and strong. Whew, I'm glad Bush didn't break with tradition and actually assess our nation's status accurately. I don't have time for a long-winded political rant. You can see my previous entries for plenty of those. I'd just like to point out 2 of my observations tonight: 1) Bush didn't learn from his Axis of Evil mistake two years ago -- Iran and Syria are now at the top of our hit list. 2) Bush and his conservative cronies lit up the debate season with comments such as "Decisions that affect the American people should be made by the American people. We don't believe the government should tell you what to do." I guess those beliefs don't apply to our freedom to choose whom we wish to marry. Bush wishes to create a constitutional amendment outlawing gay marriage. If you ask me, that sounds a lot like the government is going to be making a pretty important decision for all the homosexual Americans out there. Shit, I keep forgetting that that 10% of America doesn't really count. Didn't Bush realize that half the congressional chamber wasn't standing and applauding? How does he expect to get a 3/4 majority?
SSR tonight was terrific. We discussed whether it's OK to participate in a religion for purely practical reasons. I think Evan put it best in our flyers when he said: "Is it OK to join First Baptist just because you want to use their bowling alley?" A philosophical and enlightening time was had by all. Now I'm going to plaster Jones College with Darwin Day signs.
Separate Announcement: Jordana is starting a Rice chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. This organization is perhaps the most valuable in upholding the traditions, freedoms, and rights that make our country so unique and special. Please come to an inaugural meeting next Thursday, February 10 at 9:00 PM in the Miner Lounge to enjoy inaugural root beer floats.
Music of the Moment: my iPod, which is slowly gaining more music as I load about 400 new songs each day. Current song total = 1700. Current song = "Cruel to Be Kind" by Spacehog
SSR tonight was terrific. We discussed whether it's OK to participate in a religion for purely practical reasons. I think Evan put it best in our flyers when he said: "Is it OK to join First Baptist just because you want to use their bowling alley?" A philosophical and enlightening time was had by all. Now I'm going to plaster Jones College with Darwin Day signs.
Separate Announcement: Jordana is starting a Rice chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union. This organization is perhaps the most valuable in upholding the traditions, freedoms, and rights that make our country so unique and special. Please come to an inaugural meeting next Thursday, February 10 at 9:00 PM in the Miner Lounge to enjoy inaugural root beer floats.
Music of the Moment: my iPod, which is slowly gaining more music as I load about 400 new songs each day. Current song total = 1700. Current song = "Cruel to Be Kind" by Spacehog

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home