Yo Quiero Mexico
If this week doesn't kill me, I'll be spending the first half of spring break in the federal district of Mexico (Mexico City)! I'm really excited to go south of the border again, especially because I'll have a personal translator with native speaking ability to show me all the local hot spots. I think the weekly Spanish tables have helped me regain the upper hand on my Spanish knowledge, although it won't matter if this head cold continues because I won't have any voice left to use.
Today Iraq suffered its most deadly suicide attack in the post-Saddam era. 1oo-plus dead police recruits have to be sending some sort of message, right? I know that as religious, compassionate conservatives, we shouldn't feel intimidated by some rogue scoundrel terrorists like Osama bin Laden and Abu al-Zarqawi, but these resilient bastards are showing a lot of resolve and success of late. The CIA claims that these guys have been communicating recently to coordinate another attack against the American homeland. While I don't want anyone to die, I can't help but wonder what success Bush will be able to claim in terms of Homeland Security if we are indeed attacked again. His 4-plus years in office will be a proven failure. If only the terrorists could convey their message by demolishing something purely symbolic without inflicting any bodily harm upon anyone. A decapitated Statue of Liberty might send a powerful enough signal to Mr. Pres that perhaps the way to fight terror is to reform international policy. Note: any FBI informant monitoring my journal should not interpret the previous sentence as a threat from the author. I am expressing my First Amendment right and am merely speculating from an academic standpoint. I am not a terrorist and I love my country -- when we're not a bunch of assholes.
OK, I'm freaking myself out now. I'm now sitting here imagining a loud knock at my door and several stern looking agents whisking me away to solitary detainment, sans attorney, for the next 7 years. However, I refuse to limit my creative freedom of expression or censor my thoughts because some retard named George Bush says I should. Thus, I'm hitting the "Post" button now and I'm standing up for what I believe is right.
Music of the Moment: "
Today Iraq suffered its most deadly suicide attack in the post-Saddam era. 1oo-plus dead police recruits have to be sending some sort of message, right? I know that as religious, compassionate conservatives, we shouldn't feel intimidated by some rogue scoundrel terrorists like Osama bin Laden and Abu al-Zarqawi, but these resilient bastards are showing a lot of resolve and success of late. The CIA claims that these guys have been communicating recently to coordinate another attack against the American homeland. While I don't want anyone to die, I can't help but wonder what success Bush will be able to claim in terms of Homeland Security if we are indeed attacked again. His 4-plus years in office will be a proven failure. If only the terrorists could convey their message by demolishing something purely symbolic without inflicting any bodily harm upon anyone. A decapitated Statue of Liberty might send a powerful enough signal to Mr. Pres that perhaps the way to fight terror is to reform international policy. Note: any FBI informant monitoring my journal should not interpret the previous sentence as a threat from the author. I am expressing my First Amendment right and am merely speculating from an academic standpoint. I am not a terrorist and I love my country -- when we're not a bunch of assholes.
OK, I'm freaking myself out now. I'm now sitting here imagining a loud knock at my door and several stern looking agents whisking me away to solitary detainment, sans attorney, for the next 7 years. However, I refuse to limit my creative freedom of expression or censor my thoughts because some retard named George Bush says I should. Thus, I'm hitting the "Post" button now and I'm standing up for what I believe is right.
Music of the Moment: "

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home