Sunday, February 20, 2005

Looking Forward to the Next 2 Years

What an event-filled and celebratory weekend! In honor of two amazing years, I had an amazing two days this weekend. I met with the beautiful people on Friday night. For those of you who aren't familiar with where the beautiful people meet, I'm talking about Chapultepec Lupita: Where the Beautiful People Meet. I had a watermelon margarita and it was SOOO GOOD. I slept until after 12:00 PM on Saturday, and it was heavenly. Saturday afternoon found me at the Galleria, refreshing my memory as to why I hate crowds of ill-mannered people. However, ice skating was a blast and neither Jordana nor I even came close to falling down. We are definitely getting better at maneuvering around little Mexican kids skating in the wrong direction! Following an awesome Moroccan dinner and belly dance display (we got a picture taken with the belly dancer -- a Rice grad, no less), we saw Kathy Griffin bring down the house for over an hour of celebrity-bashing standup. My favorite jokes included any reference to Clay Aiken as "Gayken" and the idea of Tommy Lee giving crabs to women just by looking at them.

Today has been more ordinary, with trips to the lab , the obligatory softball loss, and crappy Sunday night dinner. I wish every weekend could be this much fun!

Please give me props for posting a journal from the Jones computer lab. I have to wait one more day for my internet to return following my compy's valient bout with a 76-hour virus. Even without internet, I've still been able to find more fuel for my Bush-bashing fire: the Houston Chronicle reported today of a taped conversation between then-governor Bush and a "friend," in which Bush admits smoking dope and pretending to believe in God. What a scumbag.

Please don't forget to vote for Jo and Noorain in the SA presidential elections!

No music today. Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home