Thursday, July 21, 2005

London Terror

I was reading a freaky news account of the failed London bombings this afternoon. At least one of these latest 4 bombs (which all failed to explode properly) was supposed to be a suicide bomb. A businessman riding on one of the targeted trains was interviewed, and he claims to have been standing next to the would-be bomber at the time of "detonation." The bomber's backpack exploded, but not with enough force to kill the bomber or anyone else. However, the bomber was knocked to the floor and was apparently lying face up with the smoking backpack underneath him, his eyes tightly shut (presumably in fear). He lay there for several moments, as if confused as to his whereabouts and wondering why he wasn't dead. The article said he was in a sort of "shock." Can you imagine the mental preparation that one must endure prior to commiting suicide, and the extreme sense of confusion and exasperation that he must feel upon failing? Please do not interpret this as sympathy for the bombers, as I have not even an ounce. However, from a purely psychological prospective, I can only image how surviving a suicide attempt fucks with your head. A second bomber today, whose backpack also exploded, was witnessed to express his disgust aloud following his failure. I have this terrible mental image of a guy dressed in black, hitting some detonation button in his pocket and then hearing a wimpy little "pop" emerge from the backpack. You can see the grimace of despair on his face and the tortured "Noooooo!!!" escape from his lips. Grrrr, the whole situation gives me shivers and goosebumps.
On a lighter note, I went to jibjab.com this evening and had a great time reliving the election-time memories. I know I'm a major dork, but I was so excited and thrilled during the election season. I ate it all up, followed the L.A. Times election map religiously, and stayed up all night watching the election returns and analysis as if it were my first sleepover! The only thing that didn't turn out right was the final outcome. I already am juiced for 2008! It is in this spirit that I post the following photo:
Hey, Stinkoman!
Appropriate Music of the Moment: "Remenissions" by Avenged Sevenfold

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home