Sunday, May 01, 2005

This Is It

I have 5 days remaining as a Rice student. While graduating is such an exhilirating feeling, I will be very sad to finish my Rice career. I've loved being a student here, and I've loved all the people that made college awesome. The next step in life will surely be super, but the 4 years at Rice only happen once. That being said, Thursday can't come fast enough! I'm so sick of studying already...

How's this for inconsistency in fighting the war on terror? A few hours after George Bush donned a tuxedo at the annual press gala and cracked jokes about himself and his administration, North Korea test fired a missle into the Sea of Japan. What is the U.S. response to this agression? Nothing. We're too scared shitless to meddle with North Korea. We get our testosterone power trip from killing defenseless Arabs who control a lot of oil. We don't give a crap about a hostile and armed dictator. Let China deal with that problem.

Senior dinner tonight at the master's house. They warned us that tidbits of our freshman year roommate questionnaire might be read aloud for everyone's amusement. While this will be hilarious, I hope they don't read mine. I think I wrote a bunch of dumb stuff like "My biggest fear about going to college is getting paired with a roommate who drinks all the time." I guess I've "matured" a bit since then.

Until next time, thanks for reading and good luck with finals.

Music of the Moment: "Crucified" by Agnostic Front

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home