Sunday, September 18, 2005

Holiday In The Sun

My 4-day mini vacation has come to a close, but I'm confident that I maximized my available free time while simultaneously minimizing the amount of work I attempted. Thursday saw me sleep until the afternoon; Friday was topped off by a gloriously retro 80's Party (complete with hideous outfits and the most amazing cover band this side of the Mississippi); Saturday entailed a quick but rejuvenating trip to Galveston for a dip in the ocean and some frisbee on the beach, followed by a small party involving my first-ever cake bake, champagne with a hint of rasberry-liquer, and an utter blowout of the Rice football team as a television backdrop; Sunday found me at Two Rows for breakfast, downing an Oktoberfest beer as my first nourishment of the day and enjoying the Eagles pummel the 49ers in classic fashion. McNabb's 5 TD passes were a sight for sore eyes and solidified my visions of the Super Bowl. I managed to clean and vacuum my condo in my spare time and I hung the final pieces of artwork on their respective walls. I hope this has been a comprehensive post, and I look forward to updating everyone again in another 6 weeks. Tomorrow morning begins the cardiology and pulmonoly portion of my education. I hope the weekend treated my loyal readers as kindly as it treated me. Thanks for the fun times.

Music of the Moment: "One Of These Days" by Operation Ivy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home