Sunday, July 24, 2005

Signing Off

... for at least one night. This is my last night of summer "vacation," as Baylor orientation begins at the rude hour of 8:00 AM tomorrow. I feel like I've been in the lab almost non-stop since the week after graduation, which is probably not far from the truth. Fortunately, I have some cool results to show for my year's worth of labor and a publication on the horizon. However, tonight has been devoted to rest, relaxation, and preparing for tomorrow's overnight trip to the Piney Forest of East Texas. After browsing the Chain-O-Lakes website (http://www.colresort.com/), it doesn't seem nearly as hickish as Kraig and Kevin made it out to be. In fact, it seems downright luxurious. They have a group adventure type "obstacle course," the always popular pasttime for corporate training, bonding, and group strengthening. I'll imagine myself in a Dilbert comic strip while doing the zip line in my crash helmet, but it should be fun anyway.

Today I rediscovered a classic CD from long ago: The Ramone's "All The Stuff," a collection of 30-some of the best 3-chord punk songs ever written. From the opening "Hey-Ho, Let's Go!" of Blitzkreig Bop, these amazing singalongs have kept me relaxed and groovin' all afternoon and evening.

Whenever we find ourselves at one of life's new beginnings, it's always important to take a look back on where we've been. It just wouldn't be right to start off medical school without a shout-out to all my high school and college friends. You guys are terrific! Also, in case you've forgotten the Election 2004 antics of one George W. Bush, I've included a photo to refresh your memory.

Music of the Moment: "Oh Oh I Love Her So" by The Ramones


Lest we forget the hilarity of October 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home